“Everything you would want in a middle school is at Bill Roberts – support, nurturing environment, academic rigor, enrichment opportunities, amazing teachers, consistency and the chance to do many electives and sports to round out the educational experience.” – Parent of 5th and 6th grade students
For more information about School Choice, please visit the DPS School Choice web page at schoolchoice.dpsk12.org.
Bill Roberts Middle School is a Top Ranking DPS School
Bill Roberts ranks #1 in our boundary area for school performance as measured by the DPS School Performance Framework report card. With a score of 83%, the Roberts is #2 in the District after Slavens, another Middle School that is part of a larger K-8 school.
- The DPS Performance Scorecard is based on:
- Student progress over time (growth year to year)
- Status (student achievement)
- Parent and student engagement and satisfaction
- Overall, we are rated in the K-8 school category; but within the SPF, scores are also broken down between elementary and middle school and here is how Bill Roberts ranks:
- Our K-8 program met all expectations, and is ranked 3rd among all elementary, middle and high schools in the Park Hill/Stapleton boundary after DSST Conservatory Green Middle School and DSST Stapleton High School.
In terms of academic achievement as measured by the PARCC test, our Middle School:
- Is in the 93rd percentile in PARCC Language Arts and 91st percentile in Math among DPS schools.
- Consistently ranks at the top among boundary schools; this year:
- Language Arts: 2nd for 6/7th and 1st in 8th
- Math: 2nd for 6-8th
- We are #1 in the District for performance growth year over year among all 6th graders in Language Arts and Math.
- We consistently reflect on our curriculum and practices to find the best resources to meet the needs of our students.
In terms of Whole Child Education, we ranked top overall in our boundary area in a recent survey given to Middle School students about their educational experience:
- 100% of our students believe they are getting a good education, that homework is valuable and relates to what they learn and that teachers care about how they are doing in their classes
- We ranked number #1 in these specific areas:
- Students feeling challenged
- Students feeling safe
- Students feeling supported by their teachers
- And number #2 in these:
- Students feeling engaged
- Students feeling healthy
- Students feeling socially and emotionally intelligent
- The vast experience and knowledge of our middle school teachers is unparalleled. Their passion and skill unmatched.
- Roberts is the only school in this boundary that provides both the proven social emotional benefits of an ECE-8 and academic excellence� according to overwhelming research, the two go hand-in-hand. When students feel secure, confident and safe, they can focus on learning�.
For more on the benefits of a K-8 education for both students who continue into middle school as well as those who enter into a K-8 in 6th grade, please read about the results from a recent comprehensive study.
RISE at Roberts Middle School!
Bill Roberts Middle School gives students a foundation for a lifelong love of learning. We provide an optimal environment for emotional and social stability and foster a true sense of community. Our students begin their journey at Roberts in ECE at the young age of three and continue through 8th grade continuation, benefitting from unprecedented continuity both in curriculum, social engagement and overall community. The walls of our school seed meaningful relationships with mentors and friends, character development and genuine passion for learning.
At Roberts, students feel a deep connection to our school because we are a family. Our vibrant community celebrates each child as an individual for their unique learning styles and extracurricular interests. Parents, teachers and our administrative team partner to support students during this sensitive time of growth and change, and to build confidant, prepared and successful high school students.
In the primary years, Roberts encourages our students to develop personal and community values by exhibiting PROUD behavior (Prepared, Respectful, Outstanding Effort, United Community, Determined). Our rising middle-schoolers are poised and ready for the next building blocks of character development including academic challenge and social responsibility. We guide our Middle School students to RISE up and meet the next level of growth and achievement.
- Flexible instruction supports ALL learning styles
- Numerous academic support resources and enrichment programs include Gifted and Talented, Intervention, and Exploratory Learning Programs
- Promotes critical and solution-based thinking, giving students opportunities to take ownership of their learning
- Prepares students for rigorous curriculum in high school including AP and IB programs, and establishes a sturdy foundation for higher education
- Focuses on cognitive thinking strategies to promote deeper level thinking
- Project based and experiential learning with Middle School field trips to San Diego, Washington DC, Avid4 Adventure and more
- Interactive online learning
- Emphasizes integrated learning to develop important life skills
- Award winning teachers
- Track growth from kindergarten through 8th grade
- Friendly and authentic community cultivates deep and meaningful relationships
- Average Class Size: 25-28
- All students encouraged to participate in clubs and sports teams
- Clubs and sports teams open to ALL students
- High sibling retention and strong family connections
- Strong relationships with staff and peers help students identify and develop their strengths and talents
- Students feel valued and safe
- Teachers and staff support the whole child: academically, socially and emotionally
- Deep commitment to community service and giving back in ALL communities
Going Beyond the Basics:
Electives, Sports & Service
Culinary Arts are offered as additional after school enrichment classes on Fridays.
Sports: A No-Cut School
Visit our Sports Highlights Page
Boys Basketball (7th/8th)
Girls Basketball (7th/8th)
Girls Basketball (6th)
Boys Basketball (6th)
Did we answer your questions?
If not, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org