The William “Bill” Roberts School Mission
Roberts E-8 is a creative, safe, and dynamic community of learners that nurtures and educates the whole child.
Our high-caliber staff, in partnership with our supportive parents, provides students with challenging and innovative learning opportunities through exploring the arts, educating for character, and fostering vigorous thinking — all essential for success in our changing world.
Awards, Honors & School Performance
- Top Performing School rating in DPS since 2009
- High Growth School since 2009
- Only Stapleton school awarded Governor’s Award for Distinguished Improvement
- A 5280 Top Public Elementary School in 2014 – one of only seven DPS schools selected for academic performance across seven counties and more than 500 schools
- Award-winning teachers
- Top Rating and “Top 10 School” of Colorado School Grades.com
- Middle School students rank in top 1% statewide for academic growth
- Middle School SPF (school performance framework) at 82.8% exceeds the mark for a “Distinguished” school designation
- TCAP scores higher than district and state averages
- Recognized by the Colorado Department of Education as a Highly Effective School Library honoree, 2013school garden initiative.
- Awarded several grants for Health and Wellness programs in our school in the current school year:
- Colorado Garden Foundation to start a school garden in the playground area
- NFL and Western Dairy’s Fuel Up To Play 60 grant award funding for PE, other physical activities and nutrition programs
- DPS Wellness grant funding for culinary equipment to start a middle school knife skills elective
- Stapleton Foundation grant funding for a Bike Rodeo safety skills class
- RMC Health grant funding for wellness and cooking resources for the library
Since our opening in 2006 we have shown strong growth year after year. Our current whole-school rating is “Meets Expectations” with the next highest rating being the top rating “Distinguished.” Standing alone, the Middle School SPF exceeds the “Distinguished” level. It is always our goal to strive for improvement where needed.
We’re not done, not even close. Our commitment to excellence means we never stop improving. We will continue to challenge ourselves and our team to be better, to do more, to inspire and engage, and to continue to build upon what we learn. At Bill Roberts, the learning never ends.
What makes Bill Roberts special: watch our online video:
Bill Roberts is an E-8 school in the Denver Public School system, founded in 2006 as part of the Westerly Creek campus in the Stapleton community. Bill Roberts opened its current facility in August 2007.
Our school principal, Patricia Lea, and many of our educators started teaching together at Westerly Creek K-5 over a decade ago. They are proud to continue their collaboration to this day.
Our state-of-the-art building is built for energy conservation: each classroom has its own heat pump and thermostat that cuts energy costs, and the Integrated Building Automated System automatically dims corridor lighting based on the amount of ambient light available. Additionally, the irrigation system uses recycled water from Denver Water.
Who is Bill Roberts?
The school is named after William “Bill” Roberts whose contributions to the city of Denver and the state of Colorado include: Deputy Mayor under Federico Pena, Denver City Councilman, Board President of the Denver Water Board, Manager of Public Works, and member of the Board of Directors for the Colorado Black Chamber of Commerce.
Did we answer your questions?
If not, please email us at email@example.com