Please read this year’s letter for more information about the Fall sports season:
Bill Roberts offers a variety of extracurricular sports for students to participate in during the 6-8th grades.
We are a “No Cut” school where all students can participate.
Visit our Sports Highlights page for fun school stats!
DPS and Bill Roberts participate in the Nuggets/Avalanche Prep League.
Visit DPS Athletics online for a complete list of schedules, scores, and standings. Come watch a game or a meet and cheer on the Bobcats!
Early Fall Sports:
Boys Soccer- all grades
Girls Softball- all grades
Boys and Girls Cross Country
Late Fall Sports:
Girls Volleyball- 7th and 8th, 6th at a different time
Football – all grades
Boys and Girls Basketball
Girls Soccer- all grades
6th grade Boys Basketball
6th grade Girls Basketball Coach Umberger Earned John Lynch Award! Read more here…
Boys Baseball- all grades
All participants must have completed a physical and a physical form signed by their health provider on file with the school. All participants must also complete the section on “Athletic Emergency Information.”
Each participant must maintain good attendance and strong academic standing. Athletes make sure an eligibility report is completed each week for the following week’s game eligibility — it is their responsibility to make sure this is completed. The Athletic Director and administration reserve the right to reconsider eligibility at any time.
The district will provide Bus transportation to and from away games. If a parent/guardian chooses to bring a student home from the away game, they must sign the child out with the coach before leaving.
Denver Public Schools requires a $25 fee per sport to participate in middle school athletics.
DPS and Bill Roberts participate in the Nuggets/Avalanche Prep League
- To use sport to motivate and encourage student athletes to succeed academically.
- To provide exemplary leadership to promote the emotional, intellectual, physical, and social development of students who participate by selecting the best qualified coaches and officials available.
- To provide an environment that will facilitate students to develop good sportsmanship, leadership, and communication skills.
- To provide middle school students with an opportunity to participate in a school-organized sports program.
- To provide a program that will help students develop fundamental skills in a variety of sports.
- To provide a program that will benefit and challenge students who possess potential skills, interests, and capabilities beyond those found in the regular instructional program.
- To provide students an opportunity to explore a variety of athletic activities.
Sponsors: Denver Nuggets, Avalanche, Colorado Rockies, Colorado Rapids, Denver Broncos