- Special Education Team Leader
- MTSS Team Co-Leader for the Elementary School
- Teach the Signs Of Suicide (SOS) and Signs of Self-Injury (SOSI) curriculum to middle school students yearly
- Consult monthly with teachers regarding students with behavioral, mental health and attendance concerns
- Provide trainings to teachers about a variety of mental health topics (Anxiety, Depression, ADHD, Autism, Executive Functioning, etc.)
- Maintain my website with resources for children, families and teachers with pertinent newsletters at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utilize evidence-based cognitive and social-emotional curricula to conduct individual, small group and classroom-wide interventions
- Evaluate students for special education placement through the comprehensive problem solving model, including behavioral observations, record reviews, parent/student/teacher interviews and assessments
- Conduct threat and suicide assessments as well as provide follow-up support for students and families
- Collaborate with administration, teachers and parents to perform Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) and write Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIP)
Where did you go to college?
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL (undergrad) and University of Denver (graduate)
I’m also getting my Ph.D. at DU
What is your hometown?
Pepper Pike, OH (suburb of Cleveland!)
What is your favorite treat?
Triple Berry Pie
Do you have any pets?
A German Shepherd/Chow mix named Indiana
What is the funniest thing a student has ever said to you?
I have two favorite memories from Bill Roberts. The first is when I began working here in 2009, some middle school girls thought I was a new student to the school and asked me if I wanted to sit with them at lunch! Also, one of the students that I worked with for a long time called me the “Feelings Tutor” once to her mother and the name has stuck with me ever since!