Each Denver Public School has a CSC formed by community stakeholders to serve as a leadership body for school accountability. The CSC is comprised of educators, parents, and community members to enhance student achievement, parent engagement, and school climate through collaborative efforts.
The most recent minutes from CSC meetings are available below, they give great insight into important decisions about our school.
CSC duties include:
- Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) – Review the school’s achievement data, define goals and strategies to drive continued growth and improvement in school performance
- Staffing Allocations – Assist the principal by making recommendations concerning the use of the staffing allocations provided to the school by the Board of Education
- Annual School Budget – Review and approve the annual school budget according to district guidelines that supports the objectives of the UIP
- Calendar and/or Schedule – Making recommendations related to achieving school goals
- Academic Issues (including related policies and procedures) – Gather input from Bill Roberts parents, teachers, and community members, discuss and make recommendations on academic issues as appropriate
The CSC will not:
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Be involved in issues relating to individuals (staff, students, or parents) within the school.
- Be involved in personnel issues (School Personnel Committee will stand alone in the current DPS/DCTA contract).
Additional information about the purpose and scope of the CSC is available on the DPS website.
The Bill Roberts CSC meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 4 pm in the school library. Meetings are open to the public and we welcome and encourage community participation. Meeting agendas and minutes are posted on the main bulletin board just inside the main school doors. Important CSC updates are communicated in Thursday Notes.
Bill Roberts CSC Members
- Maggie O’Toole (Chair)
- Andrea Vincent (Secretary)
- Janelle Caplan
- Ginny Creighton
- Brad Tobin
- Jackie Whitney
- Val Malbury
- June Jose
- Judy Jones