Awards, Honors & Performance
- #1 Middle School in the Stapleton/Park Hill boundary area and #2 in the District, according to the DPS School Performance Framework.
- Awarded My Tech 1:1 Computing Grant in 2017 that will provide all Middle School students with a Chromebook for school work
- One of only three DPS schools awarded a grant to install a Creative Systems SMART Lab in 2016
- Ranked a “Green School” since 2009 on our School Performance Framework report card.
- Only Stapleton school awarded Governor’s Award for Distinguished Improvement
- A 5280 Top Public Elementary School in 2014 – one of seven DPS schools selected for academic performance across seven counties and more than 500 schools
- Award-winning teachers
- Recognized by the Colorado Department of Education as a Highly Effective School Library honoree
We’re not done, not even close. Our commitment to excellence means we never stop improving. We will continue to challenge ourselves and our team to be better, to do more, to inspire and engage, and to continue to build upon what we learn. At Bill Roberts, the learning never ends.
At A Glance
- ECE-8 Denver Public School
- Read about the research on strengths of K-8 education model
- Specials: Art, Music, Drama, Physical Education/Dance, STEM Lab
- Full-Day Early Childhood Education (ECE) classes for 4 year-olds
Special Education, Gifted and Talented, ELA, Accelerated Kindergarten, Middle and Elementary School Interventionists
- DPS Discovery Link Licensed Before/After School Care
- After School Classes
- School Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:15 – 3:15, Friday 8:15 – 1:00
- Award-winning library
- Uniform dress code
- Strong School Community:
Gives thousands of volunteer hours and raises $160k+ each yearPrograms are family-focused
100 Mile Run Club, Carnival, Book Fairs, Family dances, Middle School Dances, School-wide Giving Day, Book Buddies, Fun Runs, Chess Club, Middle School enrichment, Field Day, Destination Imagination Teams, Shakespeare Club, Musicals and parent parties, too!
- Strong Middle School Athletics Program; we are a “No Cut” school, everybody plays