Why ECE-8 school?
There has been on-going research throughout the years on the advantages of a K-8 education – the most recent reported by NPR was on a landmark study – one of the largest of its kind 0 that supports the K-8 education model. Please take a moment to review:
Published in: American Educational Research Journal – Social and Institutional Analysis, September 15, 2016
This growing body of research identifies the benefits of K-8 schools for middle school students, including a comprehensive new study (see link above). When compared to the traditional middle school model of grades 6-8, research shows that adolescent students (ages 12-14) who attend K-8 schools perform at higher levels than their traditional middle school peers, with both the academic and social/emotional needs of students better met at K-8 schools. Research shows that students who attend K-8 schools:
- Experience higher levels of self esteem
- Feel safer, with less discipline and behavior problems threatening their education
- Have a positive attitude toward school
- Have higher levels of academic achievement
- Attend schools with more diverse student and teacher populations and smaller grade sizes
- Experience more core instructional time, allowing for greater exploration and integration, rather than a focus on strictly content, departmentalization, and adherence to a rigid schedule
- Have significantly higher scores in reading, language arts, and mathematics
- Do not experience loss of achievement because of disruptive transitions
- Experience better outcomes in 9th grade
Did we answer your questions?
If not, please email us at email@example.com